Pre-school: Fees and Funding
Fees and Charges
All sessions are charged at £5.00 per hour.
Breakfast and snacks are included, however a £2.00 charge is payable should you choose to order a hot lunch. (Please note that the price of a hot lunch is increasing to £2.50 in January 2019).
Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
The term after your child reaches the age of 3 years old, he/she is eligible (from the start of the next full term) for Free Nursery Education Entitlement from Leicestershire County Council.
Your child can access a minimum of 15 hours of FEEE at Waltham Pre-school, but please note the following rules apply:
- You can take no more than 10 hours in any one day.
- You can’t use less than 2.5 hours in any one day.
- You can access your 15 hours between 7.00am and 7.00pm.
- You can spread your 15 hours free early learning entitlement between a maximum of two providers. In cases of over claims the local authority will determine how your payments are split between the two providers.
- Your child must be in attendance for all of the funded time claimed for by your early years provider, unless there is a valid reason such as illness or holiday.
- In order to access your hours you must ensure you sign a Parental Statement of Undertaking (PSOU) for the setting each term and provide the setting with proof of your child’s age with either a document such as a birth certificate, passport, or medical card.
2 Year Old Free Early Education
If your child is between 2 and 3 years of age, you have an income below £16,190 and are claiming one of the following benefits, you could be eligible for a free early education place with a childcare provider:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Employments and Support Allowance - Income Related only
- Working Tax Credit (with a family income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
Maximum of 15 hours per week claimed via childcare provider.
Parent/carer to apply for confirmation of eligibility via myearlylearning.co.uk (external link).