FOWS (Friends of Waltham School)
Friends of Waltham School (FOWS) are a group of parents who volunteer their time and skills to help raise money for our school.
We meet each term for members to discuss our fundraising ideas, activities and the timetable of events.
In total, over previous years, we have raised over £15,000 for the school which has enriched the children’s learning experience.
The committee is open to any parent, relative or carer with children at the school and no minimum commitment is required, even if you can only spare a couple of hours to help at one of our fundraising events or to sell raffle tickets. It all helps.
Our new committee members for 2018/19 are:
- Chair Person - Gemma Hill
- Vice Chair/Secretary - Rachel Smart
- Treasurer – Anne Windsor-Haughton
We also have members who come along to meetings and help to organise our events. We keep our meetings as informal as possible whilst still maintaining the requirements and standards of an ParentKind organisation.
In recent years we have raised money for:
- Daily Fruit in each classroom
- Trips to the local Pantomime
- All the equipment for Read, Write Inc, training and resources
- We plan to provide new equipment for both of the new classrooms
Some of our fundraising events have included:
- Annual Autumn ball
- School Lottery
- Comedy on the Wolds
- Maypole event
- Annual Charter/Summer Fair
We are always looking for new members to help at events. Please contact the school office or any of the above members if you think you could spare some time.
If you are unable to spare any time to help FOWS below are a list of ways to can help support us:
- Sign up to www.yourschoollottery.co.uk
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk and search Waltham C of E Primary School
- Choose FOWS as your local charity when using BOILER JUICE
- Like and share our Facebook page and any events shared on there
All newsletters are in pdf format.
Some FOWS Events
Parent/FOWS winning the tug of war on school Sports Day 2016.
The Christmas Fair.
Wonka Ball in 2015.
Wonka Ball in 2015.