Pre-school: Fees and Funding
Fees and Charges
All sessions are charged at £5.00 per hour.
Breakfast and snacks are included, however a £2.00 charge is payable should you choose to order a hot lunch.
A snack tea is available at about 4.00pm at a cost of £1.50.
Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
The term after your child reaches the age of 3 years old, he/she is eligible (from the start of the next full term) for Free Nursery Education Entitlement from Leicestershire County Council.
Your child can access 15 hours of FEEE at Waltham Pre-school, but please note the following rules apply:
- You can take no more than 10 hours in any one day.
- You can’t use less than 2.5 hours in any one day.
- You can access your 15 hours between 7.00am and 7.00pm.
- You can spread your 15 hours free early learning entitlement between a maximum of two providers. In cases of over claims the local authority will determine how your payments are split between the two providers.
- Your child must be in attendance for all of the funded time claimed for by your early years provider, unless there is a valid reason such as illness or holiday.
- In order to access your hours you must ensure you sign a Parental Statement of Undertaking (PSOU) for the setting each term and provide the setting with proof of your child’s age with either a document such as a birth certificate, passport, or medical card.
2 Year Old Free Early Education
If your child is between 2 and 3 years of age, you have an income below £16,190 and are claiming one of the following benefits, you could be eligible for a free early education place with a childcare provider:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Employments and Support Allowance - Income Related only
- Working Tax Credit (with a family income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
Maximum of 15 hours per week claimed via childcare provider.
Parent/carer to apply for confirmation of eligibility via myearlylearning.co.uk (external link).