FOWS (Friends of Waltham School)
Members of the FOWS Committee.
Friends of Waltham School (FOWS) are a group of parents who volunteer their time and skills to help raise money for our school.
We meet around four times a year, usually in the village pub, to discuss our fundraising timetable and activities.
In total over the last couple of years, we have raised around £14,000 for the school which has enriched the children’s learning experience.
The committee is open to any parent, relative or carer with children at the school and no minimum commitment is required, even if you can only spare a couple of hours per year to help run a stall or organise a raffle. Every little helps!
The committee members are elected annually at the Summer AGM. The core committee consists of Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. We also have a band of helpers who come along to meetings and help out at our events. We try to keep meetings as informal as possible, whilst maintaining the requirements of running a PTA group.
In recent years we have raised money for:
- The new play equipment on the school field;
- The annual Leicestershire Library subscription to provide resources in school;
- Fruit for the classrooms;
- Trips to the pantomime, White Post Farm and other local school outings;
- We are also hoping to fund some new gym equipment for games lessons in 2016;
- Subsidising an annual end of year disco for the children.
Fundraising activities include:
- Offering volunteers for the Village Charter Fair;
- Annual Autumn ball;
- Christmas Fair;
- Pamper evenings at Ragdale;
- Maypole and Summer Fair;
- Barn dance and Summer dance and hogrost;
- Selling cakes and refreshments at Sports Day and the End of Year Show;
- End of year disco.
We are always looking for new committee members and /or volunteers to help at events, so please contact the school office if you can spare some time.
Some FOWS Events
Parent/FOWS winning the tug of war on school Sports Day 2016.
The Christmas Fair.
Wonka Ball in 2015.
Wonka Ball in 2015.